Thursday 26 July 2012

Choices, Lessons and Personal Growth

Have you ever looked back at a choice you have made in your life and realised that although things didn't turn out the way you had hoped, or perhaps it was even a total disaster, BUT did you learn something from the experience and can you now look back and see that it helped you grow?


It has started to become very clear to me in my life that there are many different ways that growth lessons will show up and they are almost always unexpected! I'm not sure if it is my age, the amount of time I have spent on this journey this time around, or just the amount of growth and evolution I have gone through so far, but I am starting to realise that there is always more than one choice and thinking that there isn't is just my ego or stubborness trying to win and keep me where I am.


I am the first to admit that I can be quite an impulsive person, that I make choices by feel and a sense that I must take a certain path with a trust that what I am doing is leading me exactly where I would like to be headed. I am also the first to admit that this has not always been the case and I have found myself along the way both disillusioned and down trodden wondering what went wrong when I was so sure about the path I had chosen. What I have also found is that once my bruised ego settles and the fog in my mind starts to clear, I realise that I made exactly the right choice for the lesson I needed to learn to achieve the growth that could only come about through the path that I had chosen.


Life is always so clear in hindsight and the lessons seem so easy that I sometimes wonder why it was so hard to get to this place, why I took the winding road, with the rough track and many obstacles to overcome instead of taking the nice smooth simple path. Then I remember - it was ME that made the choice...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome follower! Feel free to share the love and grab yourself some rainbow ...