Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Key To Reality Is Perception

Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type of person? Answering that question is really a good guideline and metaphor for life (I think!).
Have you ever had a time that you thought something was just terrible until someone changed your point of view and you saw it in a new light?? Everyone has their own perception and that perception is their personal reality.
 SO I am now setting myself the daunting task of viewing the world (or at least my world) through rainbow coloured glasses......
For me this means taking the parts of my life that I feel are unfair or too hard etc and flipping my perception to view it in a more positive light. Sounds simple right?! I do understand that this will take some work on my behalf, as much as I'd like to believe that I have a pretty shiny take on my world, the reality is that I get caught in the 'pity party' mode at times and complain to whatever poor soul will listen 'poor me, it is all so hard' and while at the time I may believe that not getting my way is terribly unfair - the reality is that it may really not be all that bad - it is simply my current view that is slightly obscured and bent in the wrong direction.
So, self challenge set, I am going to take my imaginary rainbow coloured glasses and look at the parts of myself and my life that I am less than thrilled with through new, colourful eyes and twist it all around 360 degrees and see what different views I can find until I see it from a perception that I can like.
The only question now is where to begin...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome follower! Feel free to share the love and grab yourself some rainbow ...